Skip to main content

Tired... Breastfeeding A Toddler All Night!

Sleepless still. I think this will last for a while. My children slept early and woke early. I didn't sleep but an hour and no I don't feel like Elf mentally. Physically, in fact, it's strange but I do feel like the energy of Elf and my body aches are gone. I am always surprised by mom power. 

Will write more later... Maybe.

One hour later...

I am still breastfeeding my two year old and he entirely refuses a bottle unless there is something super sweet. Breastmilk is not sweet enough. He likes V8 or chocolate milk of some sort sometimes. He drinks water only from a cup and in the middle of the night I refuse to give him sugar not do I need a bath or to sleep in a puddle. 

The breastmilk is bad enough for his teeth. By his age his sister loved breastmilk but loved her bottle more so she had rot in her teeth from the bad habit. I refuse to let that happen to another one of my babies.

I have though lowered my ideal of a bottle/pacifier free child long ago after his older sisters experience. As an emergency at just shy of a month old, I tried to give him a bottle when I had painful breasts but he refused. Moriginal plan was to be at least free the first 30 days to deter nipple confusion. Mom desperation made me throw that out the window.

So he actually was free of nipple interventions the first month. He finally took it between 31 days old and until about four months when we both quit the bottle. I got more sleep and less dishes an he got more boob and more comfort. 

I am desperate at this point and try to get him to bite a pacifier but when he is deep sleeping, there is no tricking him at two years old unlike his two month old self. He takes it during the day but just to bite and it's not distracting from feeding constantly. 

He is my little buddy but mama has sore nipples and he needs to chill! I decided to try something strange. I distracted him in the middle of the night with Dory clips on YouTube. It's the only thing that worked to shorten sessions and make him smile. Even when he was teeny tiny, he would refuse to breastfeed on bad crying spells but if he heard those blissful lines, "Hi, I'm Dory!" He would immediately stop crying and start giggling. I had forgotten this trick thinking he had outgrown her like he did the minions but these past sleepless weeks has brought us back to Dory! Thank you, Dory!

Xoxo, lulu





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Labor & Delivery Of Ms Sofia Marie | My Water Broke At Home, No ...

Ouch! The Pain! Huge Singleton Baby Belly Measuring Like A Twin Pregnanc...

Natural Labor & Delivery Vlog Of Ms Sofia | My Water Broke At Home, Unme...