Skip to main content

Crying Or Snoring Baby In Womb

I have this pass week or so been feeling a rumble in my belly. At first it felt like if something was wrong... like a lot of mothers do when something is unfamiliar. I thought seizures! 

I googled and found all different posts and forums stating how many mothers like myself have wondered about this rattlesnake phenomenom. I have also thought as I see it happen more often and rhythmic that it might be snoring. Just like daddy! Lol! Maybe he had a matchbox car in there already and was just playing or maybe he was purring and comforting himself like a kitten. 

Well, it is true that babies practice breathing in the womb and this sensation may be just that. It may also be the baby crying in the womb or stretching in the womb. Since I have polyhydramnios, I figured I just felt more than other normal pregnancies and it was just waves of the excess liquid in my uterus that our son is having fun swimming around in. 

Whatever it is, I hope he is growing healthy as the weekly ultrasounds and NST's keep checking. Here we go week 35!  

Update: At my ultrasound this week his breathing was checked and he was asleep but he did pass the test of moving his diaphragm. He also was still asleep and then moving too much during the NST and instead of the usual twenty minutes it was well over an hour and he wasn't responding to the contractions like he should. I told them he is probably used to the contractions now since I have had them since I was five months along. The contractions were getting longer but less often. Lasting 80 seconds sometimes he just did not lower his heartrate and raise it back up after each one. My thought is with all this amniotic fluid, should he respond like a "normal" baby? Time will tell. 

My midwife said if the next weeks results aren't optimal then they will schedule the induction. Can't have the risk of my uterus rupturing spontaneously and in the birth ceter/ hospital it will be a more controlled release where the cords placement could e monitored as well as the baby's oxygen level and heartrate etc. In case of it actually happening though I know to get on my hands and knees and call for an ambulance to relieve any pressure that could be on the cord. 

Otherwise, measuring six weeks ahead at 35 weeks I am now as if I am overdue at 41 weeks measurement. Believe me, I feel pressure all around from my bladder to my ribs, he is everywhere! I'm waddling and don't see a lightening happening in this pregnancy to help my breathing. With the Arctic chill and sudden 30-40 degree weather we are having, that has been difficult for my asthma. Sleeping is not happening due to half-hourly bathroom breaks and indigestion from everything I eat. I'm vomiting if I eat too much and my vitamins no longer stay on my stomach. I am still drinking cranberry juice for the recent UTI and helping to prevent another. I wish I could get a wax because in trying to prepare for labor and delivery, I don't want it to be 1970s down there. 

It's difficult to do anything and even a subway or bustier is torture to my midwife and sonograms. It's either a full bladder causing contractions or unable to breathe sitting down so I have to either stand who his dangerous and tiring or perch at the edge of a seat which is as exhausting having to balance. Balancing requires core muscles I do not currently have. I'm at risk of having my uterus distended and an emergency csection due to the a possible cord prelapse. I am nervous about having a premature baby and he risks it poses and even the greater difficulty it poses to breastfeeding. I am praying his breathing and eating are good when he is born. Full term is considered 37 weeks and we are nearly there so we may be in luck with the timing. We don't want a NICU stay. My fluid levels have not lowered but they haven't risen either so that is another positive. This also gives us about three less weeks to figure out a name for little man. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Labor & Delivery Of Ms Sofia Marie | My Water Broke At Home, No ...

Ouch! The Pain! Huge Singleton Baby Belly Measuring Like A Twin Pregnanc...

Natural Labor & Delivery Vlog Of Ms Sofia | My Water Broke At Home, Unme...